We offer online and in-person tutoring for the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam (MPRE). Our MPRE tutors are extremely knowledge about the MPRE. We have helped several students (both first time and repeat takers) pass the MPRE with flying colors! As mentioned above, JD Advising currently boasts a 100% passage rate among our privately tutored MPRE students!
One of our tutors, Meagan, is pictured to the left. She will teach you exactly what you need to know to pass the exam. Meagan is not only smart, but she is also very easy to get along with, and keeps her schedule flexible. She does everything she can to make sure that you pass the MPRE after receiving tutoring.
In Our MPRE Tutoring Sessions, We Do the All of the Following:
- We work with you one-on-one – either in person or online – to help you learn everything you need to know to pass the MPRE.
- We give you stellar MPRE outlines that reveal the most highly-tested areas of law on the MPRE.
- We develop an MPRE study plan that is specifically tailored to your individualized needs to ensure you pass the MPRE.
- We teach you the essential strategies that you need to know to conquer multiple choice questions. This will help you not only on the MPRE, but also on the bar exam.
- We teach you the rules for the MPRE. Many students try to take the MPRE without knowing or truly understanding the rules! We make sure you go in armed with all the information you need!
- We show you how to prepare for the MPRE in the most effective way possible.
- We help you to design a realistic and effective study schedule to ensure you are fully prepared when you take the MPRE.
- We guide you to the best MPRE resources so that you can spend your time in the most effective way.
We offer a variety of MPRE tutoring options. We have three private tutoring options. For all of them, you receive a fantastic outline, tailored to the MPRE. You will also receive private tutoring which covers the substantive law as well as multiple-choice tips. The pricing is as follows:
- Five sessions: If you sign up for our five-session “major review”, we will cover the MPRE in five two-hour sessions (depending on your schedule and your needs). We will review the substantive law together for the highly-tested areas of law as well as go over practice multiple-choice questions. We give you a stellar MPRE outline that tells you exactly what you need to know to pass the MPRE. Many repeat-MPRE takers are attracted to this option. Note that we have a 100% passage rate for students who engage in this program! The cost for our five-session program is $1,250.
- Three Sessions: This is very similar to the above option. The primary difference is that you meet less (for six hours rather than ten). The tutor will go over all of the highly-tested areas of law as well as multiple-choice tips with you in a one-on-one setting for a total of six hours. The cost of our three-session program is $800.
- One Session: This is a two-hour last-minute review of all of the major concepts that are tested on the MPRE. We also discuss tips for guessing the correct answer choice when you do not know the answer as well as some other last-minute MPRE tips. We also give you a stellar outline to maximize your chances of passing the MPRE! For the outline, the two-hour session, and some additional practice questions, the cost is $300.
We always tailor our tutoring to your needs so if you are looking for something different, please feel free to ask!
Want our Statistics from the most Recent Administration?
In August 2016, the highest score that one of our repeat takers received was 120(!!). The average score for our repeat takers was 104.8. The average increase in score was 28 points. The highest score increase was 49 points!
All of our students (first time and repeat takers included) received scores above 86 — which means that they all received a scores which are considered passing in every jurisdiction in the United States. We are very happy with our MPRE passage rate as well as our MPRE scores!
In November 2016, all of our private students passed (again!). We are proud to maintain our 100% passage rate!
Our MPRE tutors can help you pass even if:
- you struggle with standardized tests
- you have taken the MPRE five, six, or seven or more times
- you have not been able to pass the MPRE or bar exam and it is not for lack of effort
- you did not take a Professional Responsibility or Ethics class in law school
- you have not taken the MPRE ever before
- you have been out of law school for 20 years and need to take the MPRE as part of your agreement with your disciplinary authority
- you are studying for the MPRE at the last minute
We have had students that fall into each of the above categories — and they have all passed! So even if you feel as though you cannot do it, we assure you, you can!
Want to Learn More about MPRE tutoring?
To inquire about our MPRE tutoring services, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 248-228-5547. We look forward to hearing from you!
Do you offer an MPRE course?
Yes, we do! We offer a small-group MPRE course at our office in Birmingham, Michigan and online. The next course will be offered for the August 2017 MPRE. The date has not been officially set but will likely take place two weeks prior to the exam. The time, date, price and location will be updated shortly.
Every student registered for the course will receive a MPRE outline. Instruction will be roughly 6 hours where the rules and highly tested topics will be discussed. Instruction will include hypothetical questions and practice MPRE multiple choice questions. Students will have the opportunity to ask questions throughout the course as well as before and after each session. If you sign up for the course you will receive:
- An outstanding outline of the ABA Model Rules of Professional Responsibility;
- Two three hour sessions (a total of six hours) of instruction;
- Access to instructor for unlimited questions prior, during and after class; and
- An easy to follow approach for answering MPRE questions.
The price for the course is $550
Can I Read some MPRE Testimonials?
Yes! Below are some recent MPRE testimonials of our MPRE tutor and course instructor, Meagan:
I am so excited that I passed the MPRE with a 108! I honestly could not have done it without your course. Thanks so much! – Third Time MPRE Taker, November 2016
The first time I took the MPRE I was feeling very under the weather and not as prepared as I would have liked, so needless to say I didn’t do that well! This time around I took JD Advising’s weekend MPRE group course and passed! Even just reading through the outline together and doing some practice questions made a world of difference in my studying at home! They recommended that I do the MPRE practice test on the NCBE website and that helped me to pinpoint my weak spots. I would definitely recommend the course to any MPRE takers! – Second Time MPRE Taker, November 2016
Meagan did a fantastic job preparing me for the MPRE. I scored a 69 the first time I took it, and a 67 the second time. After five sessions with Meagan, I scored a 103 and finally passed. I would recommend JD Advising to anyone who is struggling to pass this test. – Third Time MPRE Taker, November 2016
Law school just isn’t my thing. With that, I was pretty nervous about taking the MPRE. At the time I took the MPRE, I was only a month into my Professional Responsibility class at school, so my subject matter knowledge was minimal. I signed up for Meagan’s weekend course, and literally learned all I needed to know. Those 10 hours with Meagan have taught me more than I have learned all semester in my Professional Responsibility class. In fact, after Meagan’s class, I have become a PR star in class. I passed the MPRE on my first and only try, with a passing score in EVERY jurisdiction. After a not so stellar law school career, passing the MPRE has given me a much needed confidence. I passed the MPRE on my first try, and I know I can pass the bar on my first try now too! I am SO happy I made the decision to enroll in Meagan’s MPRE class. It was worth every single penny. – First Time MPRE Taker, November 2016
After falling short on the August 2016 MPRE and feeling terrible, I knew that five hours of studying using a free course would not work for me. Don’t listen to the people who tell you that the MPRE is a piece of cake-it is in fact trickier than one may initially realize. I knew I needed more personalized and individualized attention for my second attempt at this test, and I invested in five sessions with JD Advising because I did NOT want to take it a third time and further delay my state bar admission. I had a great experience with Meagan at JD Advising because she patiently answered all my questions (and I had a lot of questions, as that was the best way for me to engage with the material), diligently went through all the material with me, and addressed my specific concerns to make sure I was ready to the kill the test. She also wished me good luck before the test and checked in with me after, and made sure to remind me that a lot of this test is psychological-which was just as helpful as helping me with the model rules. The opportunity to interact with someone well-versed in the model rules was invaluable to my MPRE success because Meagan had ample tips to make sure I was where I needed to be. I would wholeheartedly recommend JD Advising’s MPRE services to everyone. You want this test done and behind you, and I don’t think you will regret the investment into your legal future! – Third Time MPRE Taker, November 2016
I used JD Advising’s MPRE tutoring after having studied for the MPRE, taking it twice, and failing it twice. After realizing I needed to utilize a new study technique, I contacted JD Advising and Meagan was my tutor. My score increased 22 points from my first try and 28 points from my second try and I passed on my third try. I would recommend JD Advising’s MPRE tutoring to anyone who has struggled with this test. – Third Time MPRE Taker, November 2016
Meagan is the absolute best tutor! I scored so low on the MPRE the first time. The second time … a 108! A 108 is passing in every jurisdiction. Meagan knows what she is talking about. She knows the in and outs of this exam. Meagan is also kind, patient and an absolute great support system! – August 2016 MPRE taker
I took the MPRE twice before coming to JD Advising. On my first two attempts I went to a seminar held by my school. This seminar gave a brief overview of all of the rules in two hours. I also did a few practice questions on my own. As a result I scored an 81 and then a 77 the second time. On the third attempt I came to JD Advising for one-on-one personalized tutoring with Meagan. I had five two-hour sessions where all of the rules were thoroughly explained in a way that I had not previously heard. I was given an outline where the rules were broken down with examples which made everything understandable. I was given practice questions at the end of each tutoring session to review what I had learned. While studying and doing practice questions at home, Meagan availed herself via email, phone, and text to answer any questions I had. I felt the most prepared going into the MPRE exam this time and obtained a score of 102!
– August 2016 MPRE taker
After taking the MPRE several times and struggling to get a passing score using the BarBri and Kaplan courses, I decided that I needed a different approach to taking the MPRE. Luckily, I heard about JD Advising! Unlike most MPRE courses that provide a lecture video and fill-in-the-blank worksheet, JD advising provides a detailed outline and one-on-one sessions with a tutor. Previously, my highest score was an 82, but after only two tutoring sessions, I was able to increase my score to 105! My tutor, Meagan, is amazing! She’s extremely knowledgeable and working with her made the material easier to understand. Because of the success of their MPRE program, I am excited to take their Bar prep course! – August 2016 MPRE taker
To help prepare for the MPRE, I enlisted the help of JD advising because of their great tutoring help with my law school classes. Before I began any sessions, I was lost with what materials I needed to prepare for, what books I should get, and what score I even needed. JD Advising simplified that all in one answer: a bound outline that included all the information I needed regarding the MPRE. The outline was complete with the goals of the MPRE test, definitions of key-words, rules in the ABA and numerous examples. I was quite impressed with the outline and was the primary source I studied from. The outline was provided in advance of a one-on-one session which allowed me to review the material and come prepared with questions or issues I was struggling on. This maximized our tutoring time and focused on areas I needed to improve on. The one-on-one tutoring provided a perspective that I may not have thought about without the help of someone who has extensive knowledge in the area. Going through hypotheticals with someone in person is invaluable to me and JD Advising was great in helping me understand and master the material. I only needed to take the MPRE once to pass and I will definitely recommend their services to not only family and friends, but anyone that may need help with law school or the MPRE – August 2016 taker
I have taken the MPRE 5 times and passed on the 5th try with a score of 89. I would definitely recommend Meagan and JD Advising to anyone preparing for the MPRE, especially repeat takers. The exam is completely different from the bar or law school exams and Meagan’s approach to the topics and patience made it less stressful and easy to focus on the material. The one-on-one tutoring sessions and the practice questions at the end of each session were extremely helpful. I can’t wait to do bar prep with JD Advising!! – August 2016 MPRE taker
I took the MPRE for the first time shortly after a two hour study session with JD Advising. Not only did the session make me feel more confident, but my tutor walked me through the exam rules. Meagan helped me identify areas that I was struggling with. She then took the time to explain these portions of the exam to me. At the end of the session we discussed how to best utilize the remaining days I had to study. I passed the exam in no small part thanks to my study session with JD Advising. – August 2016 MPRE taker
I was a first time MPRE taker and passed with flying colors! When I started studying I have no idea what to expect, but with Meagan’s help I was able to confidently walk into the exam. Without her help I don’t think I would have passed! The one-on-one session was extremely helpful, was the packet provided. Meagan took the rules and broke them down to a basic level making it much easier to understand, when I had any doubts the packet had examples to make the rule clear. I would definitely recommend working with Meagan and JD Advising, I have had nothing but great experiences! – August 2016 MPRE taker
Here is another fantastic testimonial from one of our recent students:
I graduated from law school in May of 2015 and took and passed the February 2016 Michigan Bar Exam. However, I could not seem to pass the MPRE. I first took the MPRE in March of 2015. I studied through a free online course and thought that I had studied enough. Unfortunately, my score was one point below passing- 84. I then took the MPRE again in March of 2016. I figured that I had passed the bar exam and would definitely be able to pass the MPRE. I used the same online study course again in combination with my flash cards that I had made for the bar exam. The second time, I actually scored one point lower than the first- 83.
After failing the MPRE the second time, I was extremely disappointed and felt like I had nowhere to turn. The only requirement that I had left to fulfill was passing the MPRE. I was completely discouraged and embarrassed that I could not successfully pass what I thought was a simple, less complicated exam than the bar. I knew that I could not keep repeating the same study tactics and expect a different result. Thankfully, I noticed JD Advising on Facebook through other friends that had followed them. I did some research and found out that they offered MPRE Tutoring.
When I contacted JD Advising, I received an immediate response from Ashley, the owner of the company. She was extremely nice and very supportive. She wanted to know exactly what my goals were so that she could match me with a program that would fit best with my schedule and needs. We decided that tutoring was the best option for me. Ashley put me in touch with Meagan, a tutor at JD Advising, who set up a time to speak with me on the phone so she could explain exactly what tutoring offered. She was extremely helpful and let me know exactly what to expect. I felt comfortable with the team even before stepping foot in the door of JD Advising.
I had access to the MPRE materials prior to beginning my tutoring sessions so that I had enough time to work with the material and come to the first session with any questions that I had. Meagan made me feel completely at ease and let me know that the entire point of tutoring was so I could learn in my own way; we had the option to focus on whatever I was having trouble with for any period of time throughout the duration of the session. It was all about tailoring the session to my specific needs. I learn better by going over the outline verbally and asking any questions along the way, and that is exactly how we went through each session. When studying for the MPRE the first two times, I watched videos on each chapter and zoned out in between. I could not ask any questions so anything that I did not understand was never clarified. During our sessions, I was given such a different perspective on concepts that I thought I already knew; I realized early on in tutoring with Meagan that I had not learned the concepts as in depth as I thought.
I noticed right away that the outline that JD Advising provided was laid out much better than the “free” outlines that I was provided with from other bigger companies. This outline gave me examples in such a straight forward way that I could actually relate to. It was also laid out in a way that made sense. The outline put emphasis on each section in proportion to the emphasis that it was given on the exam. Unlike the other boring, stale outlines I had read, this one was interesting and easy to map out.
The combination of the outline and going over it during each session in the way that I learn was what helped me pass this exam. When I studied on my own, I was not sure if I actually understood the material or not. I thought that I understood the video on a chapter, but in reality the video was just an overview and I had to go back and try to understand the outline on my own on top of that. With tutoring, it is two hours during which you get the most out of your time. I was able to go over the material with Meagan and ask questions on the spot so that I truly understood what I was learning.
After just five sessions with Meagan, I passed the MPRE with flying colors. I received a score of 120 on my MPRE Exam. Not only did I do MUCH better than I thought I would, but I felt extremely comfortable walking into the exam. During the first two failed attempts at the MPRE, I could not sleep at all the night before and was extremely nervous. This time, I knew that I was well prepared; Meagan validated this feeling by reassuring me that I was on track to do well.
I cannot thank JD Advising enough for offering this service. If they did not offer MPRE tutoring, I am not sure if I would have passed this exam on my third try. I am so grateful for their team who helped me every step of the way. I am especially thankful for Meagan who took the time to answer any questions that I had and who really made sure that I understood the material. All of her examples made sense to me. I was used to being in law school where professors overcomplicated things; it was a breath of fresh air to be able to have a conversation with someone who simplified things that I did not understand.
I would definitely recommend MPRE tutoring to anyone who is planning on taking the exam. I wish I had signed up for tutoring prior to my first attempt at the MPRE; this would have saved me a lot of time and effort. If I plan on taking another bar exam or UBE in the future, I will definitely sign up for their services again. Thank you Meagan and Ashley!
Want some free MPRE tips?
If you are looking for MPRE tips, check out our MPRE blog posts by clicking here. We hope that you find them useful!
Some popular ones are:
- MPRE Cheat Sheet: Here is a lovely, condensed and efficient MPRE cheat sheet that you can follow along with as you memorize the rules!
- How many questions you should be answering correctly when you practice? (It may surprise you to know that it is almost the same number of questions that you need to be answering correctly to pass no matter what a “passing score” is in your jurisdiction!)
- MPRE Free questions! Here is a list of free sources for MPRE questions. Even if you are taking an MPRE course, it does not hurt to try a variety of questions (including released MPRE questions!)
- MPRE Tip: Become familiar with Key Words and Phrases on the MPRE: This post gives you an overview of how you can avoid making mistakes by paying careful attention to the call of the question. If you are taking the MPRE this weekend, it is a good last-minute read to make sure you don’t fall into a trap!
- Five Last-Minute tips to Pass the MPRE: These are some last-minute tips and tricks that help students pass the MPRE. They are good things to keep in mind on the exam day!
- How to Pass the MPRE the First Time you Take It: If you are in law school wondering how to conquer this thing the first time you take it, read our advice here.
- Why Failing the MPRE can be a Good Thing: Failing the MPRE can leave you with a bad feeling, but it can actually have some positive, unforeseen benefits!