Wondering how to spend your last few weeks of bar preparation in order to maximize your chance of success?
Sign up for our Michigan Bar Exam seminar! The seminar consists of an in-depth review of the highly-tested Michigan distinctions for the multistate subjects as well as the highly-tested areas of Michigan law that are very likely to be tested again (An outline “booklet” of approximately 50 pages will be provided to all students who attend.
Note: If you go to Wayne State University Law School or WMU Cooley Law School, the Seminar is available at a discounted price if you attend the school-sponsored seminar. Please email us at email@example.com for details!
The Michigan bar exam seminar is designed by Ashley Heidemann, who scored over a 180 on the Michigan bar exam in February 2011 and has been tutoring for every administration ever since. Ms. Meagan Jabbori leads the seminar.
The seminar for the July 2017 bar exam will be held on Thursday, July 13, 2017 at our office located at 999 Haynes, Suite 260, Birmingham, MI 48009. (Location subject to change but will be in or near Birmingham.) The seminar for the February 2018 bar exam is on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
The seminar itself takes a few hours. The instructor answers the questions of all students at the seminar and stays after to guide students and answer any questions they may have their last week and a half of bar exam preparation. If you are interested, we recommend that you sign up early since spots fill up quickly.
One of our most recent seminars was held at Wayne State University Law School where nearly 70 students attended. That seminar is pictured below:
Michigan Bar Exam Seminar held at Wayne State University Law School
Why will I be at an advantage if I attend the Michigan Bar Exam Seminar?
We provide high-quality and highly-tested information in an easy-to learn, concise format. We make the outline and design the lecture for this seminar by literally reading through every past bar exam from 1990 on. Then we look at the Michigan distinctions that are commonly tested as well as the most highly-tested and recently-tested issues. We use that information to decide the key areas of law to include in the 50-page booklet we hand out to students.
When we provided the Michigan bar exam seminar for the July 2016 bar exam, we accurately covered many of the issues on the bar exam including:
- The No-Fault question on noneconomic damages (which was the entire question!)
- The Equity question on preliminary injunctions (which was the entire question!)
- We predicted that Miranda would be tested on the Criminal Procedure question
- Delegation and Modification under the UCC (both comprised the entire Sales question!)
- Bailments and Statutory Conversion in the Personal Property question (both issues comprised the entire question!)
- Hearsay and Convictions for Impeachment in the Evidence question
- Trade fixtures in Real Property (half the question)
- Actual authority, apparent authority, ratification, and vicarious liability in Agency (all issues comprised the entire Agency question!)
- Spousal Support in Domestic Relations (the entire question)
- Reporting Professional Misconduct (Rule 8.3) in Professional Responsibility (the entire question)
- Elements of a valid will and valid holographic will as well as defining a child for the purposes of intestate succession (the entire Wills question)
Note: We make no guarantees that the information that we go over will be tested on the upcoming Michigan bar exam. However, we will go over the highly-tested information that is likely to appear again.
How many students will be there?
We keep our seminar small! We encourage participation and conversation. We encourage questions. And we encourage staying after to talk about any questions you might have.
Do you provide coffee?
Yes, we are very proud of our large selection of Keurig coffee! We will also provide light refreshments and snacks!
We cover Michigan distinctions for multistate subjects as well as highly-tested issues for Michigan subjects. We also go over tips for the last two-weeks of bar exam preparation and new cases that are likely to appear on the Michigan bar exam.
What have past students said about the Michigan Bar Exam Seminar?
Some testimonials and student statements are as follows:
Ashley’s seminar was incredibly helpful. I entered feeling so anxious that the bar exam was so close and feeling there was no way I would be able to remember everything for the essay portion. I left feeling well-prepared and that I could absolutely conquer the essay exam. Her outlines were especially helpful. I brought it with me to Lansing and it was great to read through the night before the exam when I was full of nerves. I highly recommend!!
-Attendee of the Michigan Bar Exam Seminar
I took Ashley’s seminar and it was by far the best decision I have made during my bar exam prep. The seminar covers the most tested issues on the essay part of the exam and tells exactly what you need to know and what to focus on during the final stretch before the exam. It is far superior to any other resource on the market and became the final attack outline I used prior to exam. Excellent resource and and an absolute must for every bar exam taker!
-Attendee of the Michigan Bar Exam Seminar
The essay seminar was so informative and so beneficial for the Feb 2015 exam. The hard topics were predicted and when they came up, I was able to answer them with ease, thanks to the bar course. If I didn’t have this seminar, a few of those essay questions would have left me in the dark, no questions asked. I recommend this course to any taker!! It is honestly a life saver.
-Attendee of the Michigan Bar Exam Seminar
Other Student Statements about the Michigan Bar Exam Seminar:
- The seminar should be required for all graduating law students.
- The seminar really left me feeling like this was more manageable than before I came in.
- Thanks again for the seminar! Provided so much clarity and my friends were raving about it! You’re amazing at what you do!!
- I walked out of that classroom a lot calmer and feeling a lot more capable.
- The seminar really helped ease everyone’s anxiety about what topics will most likely appear on the exam and what to focus on as we get closer.
- The seminar was amazing, and so helpful!
- I really enjoyed [the seminar] and feel much more confident on the essays now.
- I want to thank you for offering your seminar – it was undoubtedly the most helpful component of bar prep!
Does the Seminar cover Multiple-Choice skills too?
It does not! We do have a seminar that covers multiple-choice skills specifically. You can learn more about our multiple-choice skills seminar by clicking here.
What if I want private tutoring for the Michigan bar exam?
We offer that too. Please feel free to contact us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (248-228-5547) to hear more about private tutoring. You can read some testimonials and learn more information on this page about private tutoring too.
Where is the Michigan Bar Exam Seminar held?
We will hold the seminar at our office in Birmingham, Michigan.Our office is located at 999 Haynes, Suite 260, Birmingham, MI 48009. Note: If your school sponsors a seminar that you attend (that is, if you are a Wayne Law graduate or Cooley Law graduate, the seminar will be held at the school).
What is the cost of the Michigan Bar Exam Seminar?
The cost is $500 but those who purchase or who have purchased our new book, How to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam receive a discount. (Please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com for more details.) Note: If your school sponsors a seminar that you attend (that is, if you are a Wayne Law graduate or Cooley Law graduate, you will also receive a discounted price. Please email us for details).
How do I sign up?
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “SEMINAR” in the subject line and we will contact you within 24 hours of receiving your e-mail. We will also tell you the time and place of the seminar. (Note: We recommend you sign up early to reserve a spot. We enroll students on a first-come, first-served basis.)
Alternatively, feel free to use the contact form below for more information:
To sign up for our newsletter for free bar exam tips and tricks, as well as updates on the bar exam, and special offers (including great deals!) from us, please subscribe to our newsletter here. Note: We will not e-mail often and we will not share your e-mail with anyone.