Our Uniform Bar Exam course is a fantastic alternative to a commercial course. We offer an exceptional course that is tailored to exactly what is tested on the Uniform Bar Exam. We keep track of each and every student to make sure everyone is on track to pass! We have an exceptional passage rate among our first-time takers and repeat takers.
Our outlines are completely tailored to exactly what is tested on the Uniform Bar Exam. We offer superior instruction and released MBE, MEE, and MPT questions.
If you are looking for fantastic outlines and personalized instruction on the Uniform bar exam, sign up for our Uniform Bar Exam course. If you are curious as to how we differ from commercial courses such as Barbri, see a chart on the differences between JD Advising and Barbri here.
What does our Uniform Bar Exam Course offer?
Our Uniform Bar Exam course gives you all of the following:
- Accountability. We keep close track of each and every student. We document progress by handing out weekly quizzes, by keeping track of essay and MBE scores (we grade three to four essays/MPTs each week), and tracking how each student is doing. We keep students accountable.
- 50 hours of instruction on Uniform Bar Exam subjects. We go over substance as well as strategies for structure, timing, and what to write if you are unsure of the answer. Approximately 33 hours are dedicated to the MBE subjects (Real Property, Evidence, Torts, Civil Procedure, Constitutional Law, Contracts & Sales, Criminal Law & Procedure.) Approximately 10 hours are dedicated to the MEE-only subjects (Corporations and LLC’s, Agency and Partnership, Conflicts of Law, Family Law, Secured Transactions, Wills, and Trusts. Lastly, we dedicate about 7 hours to MPT instruction.
- Fantastic UBE outlines! Our UBE outlines are the best in the nation. We make them by going through every single MEE exam from 1995 to the present date and ensuring that every single topic that has ever been tested is in the outlines. Further, we highlight the highly-tested areas so that you can be aware of what is most likely to appear on your exam. We include charts, colors, diagrams, and mnemonics to make it easy to learn the outlines. You will receive outlines for all of the MBE subjects and all of the MEE subjects! To read more about what sets our outlines apart, read this post. To see a PDF sample of our Trusts outline, click on our Trusts Outline Sample. Note that our outlines are tailored to both the MBE and the MEE.
- Weekly to-do lists. One of the most intimidating thing about the bar exam is that there is so much to learn and so much to do. We divide this into manageable chunks. We give you weekly to-do lists that tell you: which outlines to review, exactly which essays to complete (we assign exact dates so that you cover the highly-tested issues for each subject), and which MBE questions to complete.
- Weekly graded feedback. We grade approximately three to four essays each week (this includes MPTs) and tell you whether you are on track and exactly what you need to do to improve!
- Our predictions for which subjects and topics will appear on the MEE. We study past MEE’s to make predictions on what could be coming up! We also give you MEE and MPT essay frequency charts from the past 7-10 years.
- Past MEE questions and MPT questions from 2005 to 2017 plus model answers and point sheets. There is no better practice than using the actual released MEE and MPT questions and answers. We give our students actual official released questions and model answers.
- Released MBE questions. We distribute the Strategies and Tactics Sixth Edition to all of our students. This is a large book of all released MBE questions. It is a fantastic resource.
- MEE One-Sheets. Our fantastic, highly regraded MEE one-sheets come with the UBE course.
The UBE course is the best in the nation. It is tailored to the MEE, and contains virtually every single topic that has ever been tested on the MEE. It provides by far the most efficient approach to the MEE. Ambika and Meagan teach this course. Together, they have passed bar exams in New York, New Jersey, Washington, Michigan, and California.
What are the details of the Uniform Bar Exam Course?
- Cost: The Uniform Bar Exam course costs $5,500. This can be paid via check, cash, or credit card!
- Location: It held live online (we use a video conferencing platform where multiple people can sign in at once).
- Dates: The course meets on most Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings. Please see the July 2018 Uniform Bar Exam course syllabus here.
- Time: It is held from 6:30 to 8:30 PM EST on most Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.
- Teacher: Ambika and Meagan, who are full-time course instructors with JD Advising, teach the Uniform Bar Exam course.
- What is Covered: This is a full-service course. You will receive outlines for each MBE and MEE subject, detailed instruction for each part of the exam (including the MPT), and released MBE, MEE, and MPT questions along with model answers.
Can I see a sample of the Uniform Bar Exam Course Outlines?
To see a PDF sample of our Trusts outline, click on our Trusts Outline Sample. The formatting and font will change slightly in the upcoming administration, but the idea is the same!
Why will I be at an advantage if I take the
JD Advising Uniform Bar Exam Course?
We provide high-quality and highly-tested information in an easy-to-learn concise format. As mentioned above, we make the outlines by literally reading through every past bar exam from 1995 on. We highlight the most highly-tested and recently-tested issues so that you can see what is most likely to appear on your exam.
We explain this material in a conversational format and we also give you detailed (but manageable) weekly to-do lists and keep track of each student. We make sure that everyone is accountable and doing what they need to do to pass. Many students find our approach to be a breath of fresh air compared to larger commercial courses.
What have past students said about your Uniform Bar Exam Course?
To read testimonials of our services, courses, and seminars, please click here to read all of our testimonials.
When I took the UBE for the first time in CT, I was shocked to learn that I missed the passing mark of 266 by only five points – scoring a 261. I had taken over a month off from work to study full time using one of the major commercialized Bar-prep programs. After reviewing my scores I noticed that my performance on the writing portions was poor, as I only scored 124 points between the MPT and MEE sections.
Frustrated with these results and my underwhelming writing skills, I started searching online for alternative programs. I found JD Advising in my search, and I decided to sign up after exchanging a few emails with Ashley. I knew JD Advising was the real deal due to their professionalism and great advice with how to prepare for my second attempt, which they provided to me before I even decided to sign up for their UBE course.
I just got my results back for my second attempt and found that I passed with a 282 (which is a passing score for ALL states recognizing the UBE)! I was even more pleased to learn that my MPT/MEE score jumped 20 points – from 124 in my first attempt to 144 in my second attempt.
JD Advising’s UBE course is unparalleled in its effectiveness and my results are representative of this. Ambika and Meagan provided outstanding feedback and guidance on my essays, and completely re-shaped my approach to the MPT/MEE portions. Persuasive writing has always been my weak point, so even I was amazed by how much I improved over such a short period of time. What’s more, they were able to do this while I was working full time, and only had time to study for a few hours a day after work and on the weekends.
JD’s UBE course provides high-quality outlines that are well-organized and easy to follow/understand, especially during lecture. Ambika and Meagan are both excellent instructors who encourage interaction during lectures and will review your performance on both their quizzes and practice essays with great detail and reliable feedback. They are always willing to go the extra mile by working overtime to ensure that each student gets reliable information! For these reasons, I would recommend JD Advising to both first-time and repeat takers of the UBE alike – the quality they provide simply can’t be beat.
To everyone at JD Advising – thank you for everything that you do! – Feb 2018 UBE Course Taker
After I failed the UBE Bar Exam several times I began to feel depressed and almost hopeless. The first time I took the bar (three years ago) I had only missed it by six points. The second time I remained with one of those big-name bar prep courses and my score decreased from my initial bar results. It went from missing it by six to 12-15 points. This began a vicious cycle. After failing my second attempt I stopped using the big-name prep courses and incorporated Adaptibar, which helped raise my MBE score from a 112 (my first bar exam) to a 128. It was not until I failed again in July of 2017 that I contacted JD Advising. I had been a longtime follower of the blog; in fact, I had their webpage bookmarked on my phone way back since my LSAT days. I reached out to Ashley after my last and final failure of the UBE bar exam.
I contacted Ashley the day I received my results in July 2017. She was so patient and even had a former JD Advising UBE student contact me. I emailed Ashley a lot during those days because anyone who knows how it feels to fail the bar exam (multiple times, in my case) knows how depressing and humiliating it is to face one’s family and colleagues. She always responded with kindness and never once made me feel guilty for seeking hope from her during that time. After I spoke to their UBE Student, who had a very similar situation as mine, and she told me how wonderful JD Advising was, I decided to take the plunge and pay for the course!
The course was intense, we met three times a week, and they gave us tangible writing assignments from the very beginning. They truly offer white glove service because the class settings are so small, and you receive personalized attention. Every question I posed during class was answered immediately in real time. The instructors were patient and personable. I never felt guilty for asking a “dumb” question. Further, my essay grader was wonderful! I developed a good relationship with her over the course and she provided thorough analysis on each essay I submitted. I did not feel overwhelmed by the course load as I did with the other big-name brand bar prep company, because each week you were assigned homework, so it was tangible. I am not going to lie, I was exhausted by the end of the course. Especially for that little last push a few weeks prior to the February bar exam, but I trusted them and their system. The review course is what slam-dunked it for me! Almost every subject they predicted was on the MEE. I was delighted the day of the bar exam, because the questions were almost identical to JD Advising’s Simulated MEE Bar Exam. I literally just recalled my rule statements from every essay I wrote. Further, because they do a deep dive substantive review, my MBE score increased by over 20 points, which means I scored in the national 85th percentile. I achieved this increase even though I practiced less MBE questions (I did less than a 1000 questions this time) during this bar review prep than I ever had with my previous bar preparation.
The day I received my results, I literally almost fainted! I am happy to say that I went from a 244 to a 278! I increased my bar exam results by 34 points. I would have been happy with a 260, but now I have options and I can practice in almost every UBE jurisdiction except Alaska!
Thank you so much JD Advising for your wonderful patience and excellent service! I only wish I had signed up with you after that first failed attempt! – February 2018 Uniform Bar Exam Course Attendee
I am so happy to report that I have PASSED The Uniform Bar Exam with a whopping score of 298 (140.5 MBE).
From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for your labor of love and your level of dedication and commitment in preparing me for this exam. As I told you before, you prepared me so well for this exam, I walked-in knowing I was ready and left knowing that I had passed. You were nothing short of absolutely amazing. I cannot thank you enough.
And to my grader, Robert, you ROCK. The way you and Ambika evaluated my writing and was critical about every detail, not only prepared me well for the exam but also in practice. I love and appreciate the brutal honesty and critical feedback from style, grammar, punctuation, content, presentation, every detail made me a much better writer.
Again, I cannot thank you both enough.
And to Ashley, thank you so much for having commitment and vision to launch this program, like NO OTHER BAR REVIEW PROGRAM ON THE PLANET. You have assembled a WORLD-CLASS team of talented scholars and I’m so grateful to have learned from two of your very best. I am an unofficial official ambassador of the JD Advising Program and I look forward to every opportunity to brag about just how grateful I am for this program.
Again, Thank You!!!!!!! – July 2017 NY Bar Exam UBE taker
My score prior to taking this course was a 236. While the bar examiners refuse to release my passing score, at minimum I made a 30 point jump to pass with a 266. I took the exam twice before taking the JD Advising UBE Course. I would highly recommend using this course versus any commercial course like Barbri or Kaplan. If I could go back I would have never signed up for a commercial course. Unlike commercial courses, JD Advising provided UBE outlines that were not as dense and multiple examples after each concept that actually make sense. Since I have trouble memorizing, this was a game changer because I was mentally capable of breaking down the concept and capable of associating the concept/topic with certain scenarios for a practical use on the exam. Moreover, the UBE Course provided actual bar exam essay questions from the past, allowing everyone to practice questions that will likely be brought up on the actual exam. Lastly, the best way to study for this exam is improving your essays through constant feedback, quizzes that force you to memorize, short outlines with easy to learn mnemonics, and a proper strategy to attack the multiple choice which can only be learned through this course.
I received my Illinois Bar Exam results today and I am very happy to share with you that I passed the exam. I greatly appreciate all of your help throughout this process, all of the feedback on my essays, all of the nuanced questions that you were able to answer, and the constant motivation to master this exam. I hope the rest of the class was as lucky as I was. -July 2017 Illinois Bar Exam taker
Is it over the top to say that JD Advising LLC is nothing short of miracle program? I took the Arizona State Bar Exam three (yes 3) times without obtaining the score necessary to pass in Arizona. I had previously attempted bar prep with both Themis and Kaplan preparation courses without success. Enter JD Advising LLC!
The outlines are amazing; succinct and on point with outstanding coverage of the truly relevant topics for the Bar Exam. More importantly in my case, I learned HOW to write for the bar exam. The feedback I received on my essay was invaluable.
My score increased 20 points with this program. My previous scores were close but JD Advising gave me a passing score with room to spare. I cannot recommend JD Advising enough!!! – July 2017 UBE taker
Thank you so much to JD Advising! After sitting for the Alabama bar exam twice and coming up short I made the decision to change the way I studied on the third attempt. Thankfully, I found JD Advising through a web search. I contacted Ashley via email and she answered all of my questions and after hearing her plan and what they had to offer, I had a renewed hope that it may be possible to pass this after all. Ashley worked with my budget and we created a specialized plan to focus on my weakest subjects. The one-on-one study sessions with Ambika were amazing! Having the ability to ask questions and focus on my weaker topics increased my confidence and increased my score! The outlines were the best I have ever used. They are focused on what you need to know! They are thorough, but not impossible! My score increased by 12 points after using JD Advising outlines and working with Ambika! The more telling fact is that the subjects that I studied with JD Advising were my highest scoring subjects of all my MBE subjects! I truly believe that I passed because I studied with JD Advising. My only regret is that I did not use them on the first attempt! Thanks so much to Ambika! I couldn’t have done it without you! -February 2017 UBE taker
Stumbling upon, and using JD Advising for the February 2017 UBE exam was a blessing. Unlike the big name bar prep companies JD Advising made a schedule that was unique for me, and Ashley’s MBE subject outlines were gold mines (some of her examples showed up on the exam) explained in a common sense way. Also, having a personal, experienced tutor (Ambika was great!) go over the areas that are not as clear made sure my studying was not wasting time. The MEE outlines explained the HEAVILY tested subjects in a clear and understandable way. Needless to say, I felt better prepared and more confident after using JD Advising and would recommend it over the other big name bar prep companies. -February 2017 UBE taker
I received my Bar results this past week: I passed! I have exchanged texts with Ambika and I also left her a voicemail thanking her for her tutoring and getting me over the hump to pass the DC Bar. I just wanted to formally say thank you for your services. Ambika is legit – a very competent and effective tutor. She was very professional and very effective with our tutoring sessions. Ambika really made it simple and tactically guided me through the MPTs and MEEs so I could get enough points to pass. I think I remember her saying that no one she tutored ever failed the MPT/MEE portion and her streak is still alive – I passed! – February 2016 Bar Exam Taker
Thank you so much for your help!!!!!! I passed!!!! Ambika was SO helpful. I can still hardly believe it!!! – February 2016 Bar Exam Taker
Do you offer homework and essay feedback with the Uniform Bar Exam course?
- Weekly to-do lists, which state what to do each week — including how which essay questions to answer, which MPT questions to answer, and which multiple-choice questions to do. We also tell you which outlines you should be reviewing each week.
- Tailored essay feedback. We assign several essays each week. We will provide individualized feedback to you and grade essays each week.
- Tailored MPT feedback. We believe that the MPT is one of the most overlooked portions of the bar exam. (Many students, and courses, lose sight of the fact that it is worth 20% of your overall score–the same as 70 MBE questions!) We do not overlook it, however. We tell you how to approach each kind of MPT, and then we provide feedback on the several MPTs we assign.
- Accountability. If you are not staying on track, we are the first to let you know! If you are excelling, we let you know that too!
Does the Uniform Bar Exam course cover multiple-choice and essay skills too?
Yes. We go over multiple-choice skills, skills for the multistate essay exam portion of the bar exam, and skills for the multistate performance test portion of the bar exam. We leave no stone unturned if you sign up for our course.
Note: As part of an agreement for using our services, since out outlines and work product are superior to most courses, we ask that you agree to return the outlines and materials. If you pass the exam, we will simply destroy the materials. If you fail, we send them right back no questions asked. We do this solely to protect our work product.
How do I sign up?
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and write “UBE Course” in the subject line. You are also welcome to call us at 248-228-5547 or use the contact form below. We enroll students on a first-come, first-served basis. We will get in touch with you promptly after receiving your email or phone call. All inquiries are kept confidential.