Wayne Law Purchases JD Advising’s How to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam Book for WSU Law Bar Exam Takers
Wayne State University Law School has purchased JD Advising’s How to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam book for it’s July bar exam takers signed up for JD Advising’s 5-part bar exam preparatory program at WSU. The five-part program includes graded essay exams, a Michigan Bar Exam seminar, a Multistate Bar Exam seminar, as well as JD Advising’s book. Wayne State University Law students who have copies of the book will be at a distinct advantage when taking the bar exam. The 2017 edition of How to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam book provides all of the following:
- secrets for studying smart for the Michigan bar exam,
- a step-by-step guide for writing high-scoring Michigan bar exam essays,
- a time-tested method to improve your multiple choice (MBE) score,
- MBE strategies by subject,
- twenty-four “one-sheets” that condense the most highly-tested areas of law for each of the potential Michigan bar exam essay subjects into one sheet each, and
- essay questions, model answers, as well as actual graded students answers from the July 2014 Michigan essay exam, both essay exams in 2015, and both essay exams in 2016.
Why Is The February 2017 Michigan Bar Exam Passage Rate So Low? And What Does It Mean For July’s Exam?
Official statistics for the February 2017 Michigan bar exam have not yet been released. However, doing basic math with the numbers we have available, it appears as though the February 2017 Michigan bar exam passage rate was 46%.
(How did we get this number? It looks like, based on the seat number list, there were approximately 390 bar exam takers without accommodations. There were also approximately 15 bar exam takers with accommodations in the 600’s and 15 attorneys licensed in other jurisdictions in the 700’s. So the total number of bar exam takers appears to be around 420. There are about 194 seat numbers on the list. That makes for a 46 – 47% passage rate.)