Do you struggle with the Multistate Bar Exam (MBE)? Are you looking for one-on-one MBE tutoring or on-point MBE Strategies? Are you looking for a new approach? Many students struggle with the multiple-choice portion of the bar exam and do not know where to begin. They find they try to answer a lot of questions but never see their score improve.
All of our MBE strategies and materials were designed by Ashley Heidemann, founder of JD Advising, who received a top score of 180 on the MBE.
We offer a few options that have helped hundreds of students increase their MBE scores. They are listed below:
PRIVATE ONE-ON-ONE TUTORING FOR THE MBE
If you struggle with the MBE, private one-on-one tutoring may be exactly what you need. If you choose private one-on-one MBE tutoring, you will receive
- Outlines for the MBE subjects you review. We think you will find our outlines to be far superior to most commercial course outlines. If you wish to cover all seven MBE subjects, you will receive outlines for all seven subjects. You can also choose specific subjects to cover or just pay for one session to see if you find it helpful.
- Two hours of one-on-one MBE instruction per subject. We focus on substantive law as well as strategy. We review the highly-tested topics with you as well as any questions you have. We also cover MBE strategies if you are looking to improve your approach to the MBE, this is a game-changer. If you wish to cover all 7 subjects, you will receive 14 hours of private tutoring.
- Essay assignments and grading if you are in a UBE state, Michigan, Florida, California, Illinois, among other states. (We do not provide this for all states!)
Read more about our private one-on-one MBE tutoring services here.
MBE STRATEGIES WORKSHOP
The MBE Strategies workshop is different from the MBE tutoring program in that it is only one two-hour session. The goal of this session is to teach you strategies to apply when you answer MBE questions. Instead of receiving substantive outlines, you will receive an MBE strategies booklet.
Our one-on-one MBE Strategies workshop was invented by Ashley Heidemann, the founder of JD Advising, LLC., who scored over 180 on the Michigan bar exam in 2011. She invented the workshop after helping several students improve their bar exam multiple-choice score significantly — by 20, 30, or more points.
The MBE Strategies Workshop will be especially useful to you if you find that:
- You answer several MBE practice questions but find that you never improve your score;
- You “overthink” questions and choose the wrong answer choice (even when you know the right answer!);
- You always seem to be “in between” two answer choices and pick the wrong one;
- You struggle with timing and tend to frequently fall short on time when you practice;
- You are not sure why you are answering MBE problems incorrectly and thus have trouble improving your score.
We have had several students from all over the country give us glowing reviews on our MBE Strategies workshop and tell us how much it helped them improve their multiple-choice score. Read more about our MBE Strategies Workshop here.
If you struggle to pass the MBE, you may wonder what the problem is! Is it memorization? Comprehension? Application? Timing? Practice? Some combination of all of those?
JD Advising has designed an MBE diagnostic test that will provide you with the ability to determine what you need to do differently to pass the MBE. JD Advising’s MBE Diagnostic Test is a test geared to uncover your strengths and your weaknesses. The test focuses on three primary skills: comprehension, memorization and application. Once you take the test, we will provide you with a comprehensive analysis in-person (or over the phone). During that analysis, we will tell you which of the three skills you need to work on. We will also answer any questions you have and help you come up with a schedule so that you can take the next step.
The MBE diagnostic does not focus on which subjects you struggle with. It focuses on what you need to do differently when you approach all subjects to pass the bar exam. Read more about our MBE Diagnostic here.
Looking for some free MBE tips to read in the meantime? Please check out our numerous blog posts on MBE Strategies. They show our general approach to multiple-choice questions. They are free to read and students find them very helpful! They are a very good place to start!
Please review our testimonials here — as you can see, our MBE services have helped a lot of students excel on the multiple-choice portion of the bar exam.
Please feel free to contact us any time by clicking here if you have any questions about our MBE services or any other services we provide. We respond promptly to all emails and inquiries.