Multistate Performance Test (MPT) Books
Our Multistate Performance Test (MPT) books are a must-have for any jurisdiction that includes the Multistate Performance Test as part of its bar exam.
Our MPT books combine all the performance tests from a particular type in one volume. MPTs from 2009 until July 2017 are included. Within each book, the performance tests are arranged by the year the task appeared. Included in our MPT books are the file and library for each test, the released point sheet from the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE), and a model student answer from the Georgia Board of Bar Examiners’ website.
Having the question, NCBE answer, and model student answer all in one place makes it very easy and efficient to study for the MPT!
We offer bound MPT books for the following type of tests:
- Objective Memoranda: 15 previously tested MPTs, examiner’s point sheets, and model student answers, composed solely of objective memoranda. 467 pages.
- “Other” Tasks: 17 previously tested MPTs, examiner’s point sheets, and model student answers, composed solely of less commonly tested tasks. 523 pages.
- Persuasive Briefs and Memoranda: 10 previously tested MPTs, examiner’s point sheets, and model student answers, composed solely of persuasive briefs. 326 pages.
What are the advantages of JD Advising’s MPT books?
Our MPT books compile all the performance tests of a particular type from 2009 to the present in one volume. We also provide the released point sheets and sample student answer, which make analyzing your performance much easier! You don’t have to wonder what a good MPT answer looks like or spend hours searching online for MPT answers. You can also pick and choose which type you purchase. Got a handle on persuasive briefs, but want to try your hand at more unusual tasks? No problem, just buy the material you need.
Do you provide electronic copies of your MPT books?
Yes! These books are available either electronically or in hard copy form. Please carefully read our terms and conditions before purchase. You will receive your electronic copies immediately after checkout. Please be sure to check your spam folder.
Can I use these MPT books as part of my bar prep?
These books are aimed at those taking the Multistate Performance Test as part of his or her bar exam. Any jurisdiction that administers the Uniform Bar Exam administers the Multistate Performance Test as well. Here is a list of the jurisdictions that administer the Multistate Performance Test portion of the bar exam:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland (beginning in 2019), Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina (beginning in February 2019), North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Virgin Islands.
If your state is not on this list, make sure to confirm they use Multistate Performance Test questions from the NCBE. Some states, like California, develop their own tasks and do not use material provided by the NCBE.
What MPTs Are Covered In The “Other” Book?
Our “Other” MPT book covers those tasks not commonly assigned. Persuasive briefs and objective memoranda are the most frequently tested tasks. Some examples of these less frequently tested tasks are:
- Opinion Letters
- Demand Letters
- Closing Arguments
- Dispute Resolution Statements
- Bench Memos
- Persuasive Memo
- Leave Behind Legislation
All these MPT types can be found in our Other book, making it a valuable resource for practicing less tested tasks.
What do JD Advising’s MPT books cost?
- For electronic copies, our MPT books cost $79.99 each, and $199.99 for all 14 (a $40 savings if you buy them all together).
- For hard copies, our MPT books cost $109.99 each, and $299.99 for the whole set (a $30 savings if you buy them all together). The entire set includes the persuasive briefs, objective memoranda, and “other” book (basically everything!) The hard copy pricing includes USPS Priority shipping within the United States. For international shipping, please contact us at email@example.com for further details.
If you are looking for Multistate Essay Exam (MEE) books, click here.
The MPT questions and analyses (“Content”) provided in this website or digitally or electronically are copyrighted by the National Conference of Bar Examiners (“NCBE”). You are permitted to view the Content for your personal and noncommercial use only. You are not permitted to copy, modify, reproduce, post, disclose, or distribute any of the Content in whole or in part. Any unauthorized use of the Content is a violation of NCBE’s rights and could subject you and others who are involved to criminal and civil penalties.
Certain publicly disclosed materials from past MPT examinations have been included herein with the permission of NCBE, the copyright owner. These materials are the only actual MPT materials included in JD Advising’s materials. Permission to use NCBE’s questions does not constitute an endorsement by NCBE or otherwise signify that NCBE has reviewed or approved any aspect of these materials or the company or individuals who distribute these materials.
Note: If you purchase any products from this website, you will automatically be subscribed to our monthly newsletter of bar exam tips.
What other MPT options do you have?
We have the following options:
- MPT seminar – $499.99. At our three-hour MPT seminar, you will learn about how to tackle the MPT portion of the exam. We cover all aspects of the MPT, including commonly tested tasks and how to approach them. We also provide MPT “one-sheets” to help guide your formatting.
- MPT Private Tutoring – $400/session. We offer personalized, two hour MPT tutoring sessions with one of our excellent UBE tutors. Included in this price are 1-2 graded MPTs with detailed feedback, which you will be assigned to complete before your session.
- MPT Grading/Phone Call – $189.99. This MPT grading resource offers feedback on a graded MPT, as well as a 30-minute phone call with your expert grader to talk about your strengths and weaknesses.
- MPT Grading – $79.99. We offer graded MPT feedback via email. Upon checkout, you will receive information about your MPT task, and how to submit it to one of our expert graders.
Looking for some free MPT tips and bar exam tips?
To get free law school and bar exam tips and tricks, as well as updates on the bar exam, and special offers (including great deals!) from us, please subscribe here. Note: We will not e-mail often, and we will not share your e-mail with anyone.