Get $20 off with the code MPT2018 (*this coupon is only applicable for the MPT guide, not the product bundles!)
Our MPT guide is a fantastic MPT resource! If you do not find it extremely helpful, you can get your money back, no questions asked! Please see the bottom of this page for details.
In this MPT guide, we take you from beginning to end in how to write an MPT. We provide guidance that teaches you how to conquer the MPT portion of the bar exam. Our MPT guide is divided into five parts:
- Part I. Get familiar with the basics. The first thing you want to do is familiarize yourself with what the MPT is and how to approach different types of tasks. Figure out what the MPT tests so you can write high-scoring answers. And learn why you should take the MPT seriously.
- Part II. Learn how to format your MPTs and how to answer each type of MPT task. Figure out the general structure you should follow for persuasive briefs, objective memoranda, letters, and other “wildcard tasks.” Practice formatting and put these suggestions into practice by filling out a blank “formatting cheat sheet”. Learning how to format MPTs will increase your MPT score as it will make it readily apparent to the grader that you know what you’re doing. It will also increase your confidence on the MPT day.
- Part III. Practice Baby MPTs. Here we have a “baby MPT” which uses the same brief file and library and has you complete the four most common MPT tasks (a persuasive brief, objective memo, demand letter, and opinion letter). It is an excellent and efficient way to get started on the MPT portion of the exam! Our students find baby MPTs to be extremely helpful in easing anxiety and helping them learn how to approach the MPT portion of the bar exam.
- Part IV. Make the Most of your MPT practice. The best thing you can do is practice intelligently! Learn how to self-grade MPTs and use point sheets and student answers to score high.
- Part V. Polish your MPT score. We go over some last-minute tips for MPTs and also tell you other resources you can use to increase your MPT score even more. We also have some blank MPT cheat sheets if you want to make sure you have the MPT formats down.
Note that a lot of the tips come from blog posts, although you will have all of them in a much more organized and step-by-step fashion. Also, some of the material is only found in the MPT guide—for example, the baby MPTs. As explained above, the “baby MPTs” all use the same file and library (but have different task memos) so that you can try each of the four main types of MPT tasks without spending 90 minutes per MPT. They are shorter than a normal MPT so that you can maximize your time as you begin to approach this task.
If you are looking for a deal to buy the MPT guide with our services, we have some discounts here! [Note that coupons will not work with these discounted options!]
- Electronic MPT Guide + Hard Copy MPT Seminar = $525 (normally $600)
- Electronic MPT Guide + Electronic MPT books = $249.99 (normally $300)
How long is the MPT guide?
It is 94 pages.
Can I see a sample of the MPT guide?
Yes, you can see a sample of the guide here. This sample includes:
- The table of contents
- Introduction to the guide
- Part of the baby MPT portion
Can I purchase the MPT guide electronically? How big is the file?
Yes. The file is 1.1 MB. It has black, white, green, and blue font. The MPT guide will be emailed to you automatically upon purchase. You will receive a download link within a few minutes of ordering the guide. To help protect the product from being shared, the pages of the guide will be stamped with your name and address. Please check your spam box if you do not receive the guide soon after purchasing it!
Is there any overlap with the MPT seminar?
There is overlap in some of the content but the two are very different. About one-quarter of the content is the same as you will find in the MPT seminar handout (and these are tips that are at the beginning of the MPT guide—e.g., tips for writing persuasive briefs, objective memos, etc.)
The seminar focuses on dissecting real MPTs and gives tips from an MPT expert about how to approach the MPTs on exam day as well as the days leading up to the exam. The MPT guide focuses on a do-it-yourself approach to MPTs and does not come with a live lecture.
Can I buy both the MPT guide and MPT seminar?
Yes! The MPT guide focuses on a “self-study” approach to the MPT. So, it is great for students who like to study on their own. The MPT guide does not come with any real MPTs, though we do point you to resources where you can find them (free or paid).
The MPT seminar offers an instructive approach where you can ask questions and see how to dissect MPTs in real time. You can also ask questions to an MPT expert. The MPT guide is a do-it-yourself approach to the MPT!
Do you offer a money-back guarantee?
Yes. The details are as follows:
For the electronic guide: If within 30 days of purchasing the guide, you are not satisfied for any reason, you can get your money back by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting your money back. We will give you a full refund so long as the refund is requested within 30 days of purchase but no later than July 25, 2018, which is the day the MPT is administered.
For the hard copy: If you choose the hard copy guide, you can get your money back so long as you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you are sending the guide back and within that 30 days you send the guide back to us at your expense. Either way, this must be before July 25, 2018. (We will give you a full refund as soon as we receive the guide.)
For the seminar: We give a $25 refund for the guide if you purchase it with the MPT seminar. We do not give refunds for the seminar.
They are below:
- I certify that I am a person intending to take the multistate performance test (MPT). I am not an employee or agent of another tutoring or bar review course, nor am I a member, employee, affiliate, or agent of any board of bar examiner’s.
- I certify that I will not sell, share, copy, post photos of, or allow anyone — in person or online — to view or have this MPT guide in any form. I understand that they are the copyrighted work product of JD Advising, LLC. I agree not to sell the MPT guide on Amazon, eBay, on any other site, to any other institution, or privately.
- I further agree that this MPT guide does not promise to cover everything — or anything — on a given MPT.
- I agree that an injunction is an appropriate remedy if I improperly share materials. I also agree to pay JD Advising, LLC $100 per person that I share the MPT guide with.