Our Multistate Essay Exam (MEE) One-Sheets covered over 50% of what was Tested on the February 2017 MEE
Our Multistate Essay Exam One-Sheets covered over 50% of what was Tested on the February 2017 MEE. Students who prepared for the February 2017 MEE using our Multistate Essay Exam One-Sheets had a huge advantage walking into the exam.
Students told us how confident the MEE one-sheets made them feel right away (as you can see by the fantastic testimonials we received from our MEE one-sheets!). However, after reviewing the February 2017 MEE, we have mathematically determined that over half of what was tested on the MEE was specifically covered by the MEE one-sheets.
Wondering what was tested on the February 2017 bar exam that was covered by the one-sheets? The following issues were tested:
Question 1: Contracts
The Contracts question tested the following issues, which were covered by the MEE one-sheets:
- Article 2: How to identify when Article 2 is an issue and what to say (10% of the question)
- Offer: How to define offer (we estimate this was worth about 5% of the question)
We estimate about 15% of the Contracts question was covered by the MEE One-Sheets.
Question 2: Trusts
Trusts was a tricky question that the vast majority of students struggled with. The MEE one-sheets covered:
- Special powers of appointment (worth about 25% of the Trust question)
We estimate about 20% of the Trusts question was covered by the MEE One-Sheets.
Question 3: Family Law and Conflicts
The issues tested were very foreseeable (and, in fact, we predicted this exact crossover and several of the issues tested in our Multistate Essay Exam seminar)
The MEE one-sheets covered:
- The elements of a common law marriage (15% of the question)
- That one state (State B) will recognize a common law marriage recognized by another state (State A) (10% of the question)
- What marital property is and how it is divided (15% of the question)
- Third-party rights and rights of a non-parent (20% of the question)
We estimate about 60% of the Family Law question was covered by the MEE One-Sheets.
Question 4: Corporations
The issues tested were foreseeable and discussed in our Multistate Essay Exam seminar as well as the MEE one-sheets. The MEE one-sheets covered:
- When a derivative lawsuit may be filed and when it may be dismissed (30% of the question)
- The business judgment rule and when it applies (40% of the question)
We estimate about 70% of the Corporations question was covered by the MEE One-Sheets.
Question 5: Agency
The Agency question tested the following issues which were covered by the MEE one-sheets:
- Actual authority (we estimate worth about 10% of the question)
- Apparent authority (we estimate worth about 10% of the question)
- An agent is bound if principal is not disclosed (we estimate about 30% of the question was covered by the one-sheets)
- Ratification (we estimate worth about 20% of the question)
We estimate about 70% of the Agency question was covered by the MEE One-Sheets.
Question 6: Real Property
The Real Property question tested the following issues which were covered by the MEE one-sheets:
- Effect of an anti-assignment clause (about 10% of this discussion was covered by the one-sheets)
- What a “surrender” is and its effect (about 30% of this discussion was covered by the one-sheets)
- The duty to mitigate under modern law versus common law (worth 30% of the question and completely covered by the one-sheet)
We estimate about 70% of the Real Property question was covered by the MEE One-Sheets.
In all, a little over 50% of the topics tested on the February 2017 Multistate Essay Exam were covered by the MEE one-sheets! We hope to see the same level of MEE topics tested on the July 2017 MEE.
Looking to purchase the MEE One-Sheets?
You can purchase the MEE One-sheets here:
Additional Uniform Bar Exam Resources:
If you are looking for additional help to prepare for the Uniform Bar Exam, we offer the following resources:
- Uniform Bar Exam Tutoring Services – tailored to you: To read more about our Uniform Bar Exam tutoring services (including MEE and MPT services), please click on our Uniform Bar Exam Services page.
- UBE Course: We offer an elite, personalized small-group Uniform Bar Exam course that fills up quickly! If you are interested in this course, we recommend early application! Please read more about the course here.
- MBE Services: We have several MBE services, including MBE one-sheets, an MBE Guide (that comes with a 7-point increase guarantee!), an MBE diagnostic if you are not sure where you are struggling, MBE private tutoring , and an MBE Seminar. Not sure which one is right for you? Contact us!
- MEE Services: We offer several MEE services, including an MEE Course (which covers highly tested MEE subjects), an MEE seminar that covers the highly tested areas of law on the MEE as well as predictions!. We recommend early application if you are interested in this option. We also have highly regarded MEE one-sheets and essay feedback.
- MPT services: We offer MPT services including private tutoring, essay feedback and a MPT Seminar. We also sell MPT books with questions, answers, and model student answers.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at your convenience.
Ashley Heidemann is the owner and founder of JD Advising. Ms. Heidemann scored over a 180 on the Michigan Bar Exam in February of 2011 after graduating as the #1 student in her law school class of over 200 students in 2011. She, as well as a team of others, offer bar exam courses, seminars, and private tutoring for bar exam students nationwide. This includes services for the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE) and Michigan bar exam. Please click here to contact her company, with any questions.