Real Multistate Bar Examination Questions
Use coupon code MBE2018 to receive $50 off your order of Real MBE Questions! (Applicable to all questions besides the Civil Procedure questions!)
Having difficulty tracking down real Multistate Bar Examination questions? Are you sick of seeing the same questions over and over again? Don’t worry, we have you covered! JD Advising now allows you to purchase real MBE questions that are promulgated from the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE). The NCBE is the organization that writes the bar exam. Every question is released by the NCBE, making it the absolute best gauge of whether you are on track to pass the bar exam.
These questions we offer are written by the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE) which makes them much better than questions invented by a commercial course. They are more representative of what you will see on the actual bar exam. The NCBE has stated: “The questions are representative of the content in the MBE and are intended to familiarize candidates with MBE-style questions” and that the questions “can be used as a self-assessment tool for candidates seeking bar admission.” These questions are different from the ones in the Strategies and Tactics 6th Edition. They were made available recently so we know of no other company that offers them yet. They are extremely well written and difficult questions. These questions will give you an excellent gauge of whether you are on track to pass the bar exam. So if you are looking for some new and different practice questions, get these recently released NCBE questions in either electronic or hard-copy format.
You have the option of purchasing these questions in two ways:
- By subject: This means you will have 30 questions for each of the 7 subjects for a total of 210 questions. They are organized by subject (e.g., first you will see 30 questions for each of the seven subjects, divided by subject: Civil Procedure, Constitutional Law, Contracts & Sales, Criminal Law & Procedure, Evidence, Torts, and Real Property. You will receive answer explanations for each question.
- Mock bar exam format: This is a 200 question exam in a “mixed exam” format. This mimics the real MBE and is in the same format as the real MBE. It has a “Part 1” which is 100 questions, and a Part 2, which is questions 101-200. You will receive answer explanations for each question.
If you order the recently released NCBE questions, you will receive:
- The 200 NCBE questions, which you have the option to order by subject or an exam format that is identical to that of the real bar exam. (All 7 subjects are tested equally with about 30 questions per subject. This includes NCBE-promulgated Civil Procedure questions!) Technically, you will receive 210 questions if you order the questions “by subject” rather than as a “mixed” exam.
- A short answer key which is one page with all answers with no explanations. This is a quick guide so you can tally up how many questions you answered correctly.
- A lengthy answer key with explanations for each question as to why one answer choice is correct and why the other three questions are not correct.
Thus, when you order these released NCBE questions, not only do you receive the questions and short answers, you also receive detailed answer explanations so that you know why one answer choice is correct and why the other three are incorrect.
You also have the option to order this with our MBE seminar, which is a half-day seminar that covers both substance and strategy. Read more here.
I just want to buy Civil Procedure questions. Can I do that separately?
Yes. Unfortunately, they are pricey (in part because the license by the NCBE is pricey!). You have the option to purchase them in an electronic format only. These are real Civil Procedure MBE questions promulgated by the NCBE. There are 30 questions total, with 30 detailed explanations. This option is available for those who are truly only looking for released Civil Procedure MBE questions!
How long is it the MBE test with answer explanations?
The 200-question test is 170 pages. The questions divided by subject (30 questions per seven subjects) is 174 pages. They are both in black and white font.
How long is the Civil Procedure questions document?
It is 26 pages. It is in black and white but has some gold on the cover and in the footer. It is only available in electronic format.
When will I receive it?
You will receive the electronic copy instantly. (You will find the link in the “thank you for your order” email. Be sure to check your spam box if you do not receive it!) If you order the hard copy as well, you will receive that via Priority mail. We will send it the next business day along with a tracking number. Most customers receive the packet within one to two days.
Are these mixed questions?
If you order the “exam format” you will see that the exam covers all seven subjects in a “mixed” order just like the NCBE. Otherwise, you have the option of buying them by the subject.
Does the format of the 200-question exam look similar to that of the bar exam?
Yes. We lay out the questions exactly like the real multistate bar exam. There are two questions per page, each in their own column. The questions are the best questions you can get because they are written by the organization that writes the bar exam.
Are these questions available through Barbri, Kaplan, Themis, or the Strategies and Tactics books?
To our knowledge, none of these companies offer these questions. They are very recently released (end of 2017) by the National Conference of Bar Examiners.
Do the Civil Procedure questions overlap with the exam-by-subject?
Yes! Some people choose to only buy the Civil Procedure questions. But, if you purchase them with the mixed exam or the exam-by-subject, you will see overlap between the two so we do not recommend purchasing both!
Can I buy these directly from the NCBE?
Yes, you can! However, there are two main differences between the exam that we offer and the questions the NCBE offers:
- First, the NCBE does not offer answer choice explanations. So if you answer a question incorrectly, you will not be able to see why it is incorrect. This makes it very limited in its usefulness as it will make it hard to learn from your mistakes if you don’t want to spend a lot of your own time researching. (And some of these questions are quite tricky!)
- Second, we have the option to purchase the question in an MBE exam format. The NCBE breaks down the questions by subject rather than offering them in an exam format. If you are looking for a gauge of how you do in a mixed-question exam, the exam format resource is better for your needs. However, we also have the option to purchase it by subject so that you can see the questions divided by subject.
What is the MBE seminar?
Please read more about the MBE Seminar here. It is a half-day seminar that goes over MBE strategy.
Please note our disclaimer which you agree to upon ordering the MBE questions!
The MBE questions and answers (“Content”) provided in this website or digitally or electronically or via hard copy are copyrighted by the National Conference of Bar Examiners (“NCBE”). You are permitted to view the Content for your personal and non-commercial use only. You are not permitted to copy, modify, reproduce, post, disclose, or distribute any part of the Content in whole or in part. Any unauthorized use of the Content is a violation of NCBE’s rights and could subject you and others who are involved to criminal and civil penalties.