Real Multistate Bar Examination Questions
Having difficulty tracking down real Multistate Bar Examination questions? Are you sick of seeing the same questions over and over again? Don’t worry, we have you covered! JD Advising now allows you to purchase real MBE questions that are promulgated from the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE). The NCBE is the organization that writes the bar exam. Every question is released by the NCBE, making it the absolute best gauge of whether you are on track to pass the bar exam.
We will be updating this page regularly. However, the first product we are offering is a 100-question mixed set exam made up of questions written by the NCBE. These are not retired MBE questions that we know of, but the NCBE has stated: “The questions are representative of the content in the MBE and are intended to familiarize candidates with MBE-style questions” and that the questions “can be used as a self-assessment tool for candidates seeking bar admission.” These questions are different from the ones in the Strategies and Tactics 6th Edition. They were made available recently so we know of no other company that offers them yet. They are extremely well written and difficult questions. This exam will give you an excellent gauge of whether you are on track to pass the bar exam.
So if you are looking for some new and different practice questions, get this 100-question exam sent right to you either electronically or in a hard copy format! *Each exam comes with an electronic copy of an additional NCBE-promulgated 15 Civil Procedure MBE questions and explanations.
If you order the 100-question MBE test, you will receive:
- The 100-question MBE test comprised of mixed questions in a format that is identical to that of the real bar exam. (All 7 subjects are tested equally with about 15 questions per subject. This includes NCBE-promulgated Civil Procedure questions!)
- A short answer key which is one page with all 100 answers with no explanations. This is a quick-guide so you can tally up how many questions you answered correctly.
- A lengthy answer key with explanations for each question as to why one answer choice is correct and why the other three questions are not correct.
- Bonus Civil Procedure questions. We give you an additional 15 Civil Procedure questions in a separate document in electronic format only. (There are 30 Civil Procedure questions total but 15 overlap with the questions in the 100-question exam.)
Thus, when you order this mixed exam, we not only send you the 100 questions and an electronic copy of the bonus Civil Procedure questions, we also send you detailed answer explanations so that you know why one answer choice is correct and why the other three are incorrect.
You also have the option to order this free with our MBE seminar, which is a half-day seminar that covers both substance and strategy.
Frequently asked questions:
I just want to buy Civil Procedure questions. Can I do that separately?
Yes. Unfortunately, they are pricey (in part because the license by the NCBE is pricey!). You have the option to purchase them in an electronic format only. These are real Civil Procedure MBE questions promulgated by the NCBE. There are 30 questions total, with 30 detailed explanations. We recommend spending the extra money to get the 100-question exam. However, we have this option available for those who are truly only looking for released Civil Procedure MBE questions!
How long is it the MBE test with answer explanations?
It is 79 pages. It is in black and white font.
How long is the Civil Procedure questions document?
It is 26 pages. It is in black and white but has some gold on the cover and in the footer. It is only available in electronic format.
When will I receive it?
You will receive the electronic copy instantly. (You will find the link in the “thank you for your order” email. Be sure to check your spam box if you do not receive it!) If you order the hard copy as well, you will receive that via Priority mail. We will send it the next business day along with a tracking number. Most customers receive the packet within one to two days.
Note: If you want to order the hard copy and you need international shipping, please contact us.
Are these mixed questions?
Yes! The exam covers all seven subjects in a “mixed” order just like the NCBE.
Does the format of the 100-question exam look similar to that of the bar exam?
Yes. We lay out the questions exactly like the real multistate bar exam. There are two questions per page, each in their own column. The exam also contains instructions identical to those on the real exam.
Are these questions available through Barbri, Kaplan, Themis, or the Strategies and Tactics books?
To our knowledge, none of these companies offer these questions. They are very recently released (end of 2017) by the National Conference of Bar Examiners.
Can I buy these directly from the NCBE?
Yes, you can! However, there are two main differences between the exam that we offer and the questions the NCBE offers:
- First, the NCBE does not offer answer choice explanations. So if you answer a question incorrectly, you will not be able to see why it is incorrect. This makes it limited in its usefulness as it will make it very hard to learn from your mistakes if you don’t want to spend a lot of your own time researching.
- Second, the NCBE breaks down the questions by subject rather than offering them in an exam format. So if you want to answer 30 questions in a row on the same subject, it is a good alternative. But if you are looking for a gauge of how you do in a mixed-question exam, our resource is better for your needs.
Do I automatically get Civil Procedure questions?
Yes, the additional Civil Procedure questions will be available in a link in the email you receive after checkout.
What is the MBE seminar?
Please read more about the MBE Seminar here. It is a half-day seminar. The February 2018 seminar is held on Friday, January 19 from 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST. *If this date has passed and you are interested in signing up for the seminar, please contact us for information on additional options.
Please note our disclaimer which you agree to upon ordering the MBE questions!
The MBE questions and answers (“Content”) provided in this website or digitally or electronically or via hard copy are copyrighted by the National Conference of Bar Examiners (“NCBE”). You are permitted to view the Content for your personal and non-commercial use only. You are not permitted to copy, modify, reproduce, post, disclose, or distribute any part of the Content in whole or in part. Any unauthorized use of the Content is a violation of NCBE’s rights and could subject you and others who are involved to criminal and civil penalties.