In this post, we go over our top three free multistate bar exam (MBE) resources for those of you looking for some free MBE help!
Top 3 (Free!) MBE Resources
1. How to Pass the MBE YouTube video
If you struggle with the MBE, we are here to help! This video can guide you through developing a strategy to taking MBE questions.
The Multistate Bar Exam (MBE) is worth half your score in most states, including UBE states. Many students do not have the right outlook or approach toward it. In this video, we tell you how to pass the Multistate Bar Exam and how to see your score improve through practicing. We recommend you download the PDF and watch the video.
To get the PDF on how to pass the MBE sent right to your inbox, just fill out this form.
2. MBE Strategies series subscription
In this email series, we go through MBE questions one-by-one. We also focus on strategies to use for each type of MBE question. You can see a sample here and sign up to receive our MBE strategies tips right to your inbox.
We email about twice a week during bar exam season. Once the bar exam is over, we stop emailing unless you opt in to receiving further emails. We base questions off of real MBE questions, not ones developed by bar prep companies. That way, you are approximating what you’ll see on bar exam day as closely as possible.
You can sign up here:
3. The National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE) Released Questions
The absolute best source of MBE questions are real MBE questions. There are many resources for this, but a nice free resource is the NCBE website. If you go to this page, there are 28 MBE sample test questions from all 7 subjects as well as 10 sample Civil Procedure questions with model answers. You will notice these questions are very well written and they truly mimic what is found on the actual bar exam. It is best to pay for the real questions, but these 38 questions are free and they are a great start and this page is one of the MBE resources that we point a lot of students to.
Looking for our six best MBE resources under $500? Check out this post!
Looking for additional MBE help? If you are looking for MBE help, read our 10 expert MBE tips here. Check out our step-by-step guide to improving your MBE score, please review this post for an overview of tips. This is a great free MBE resource. If you would like to receive our MBE tip of the day emailed to you, please fill out the form below.
Looking for more MBE resources?
- Check out our MBE guide here. It comes with a 7-point MBE increase guarantee or your money back! You can purchase it online or in a hard copy.
- Purchase our MBE one-sheets here! We give you an overview of each MBE subject in one convenient page, front and back. They serve as a great tool for review.
- Looking for a private MBE tutor? Read more about our MBE tutoring services here. If you are wondering if it is worth it to hire an MBE tutor, please check out this post.
- We have an MBE seminar for students looking to learn strategies to improve their MBE scores. Sign up for our MBE seminar here!
- Wondering what skill you need to work on most to improve your MBE score – comprehension, application, or memorization? Check out our MBE diagnostic here.
- Want some free tips? Sign up for our MBE strategies series here! It is free and we remove you from the email list once the bar exam is over!
Ashley Heidemann is the owner and founder of JD Advising. Ms. Heidemann scored over a 180 on the Michigan Bar Exam in February of 2011 after graduating as the #1 student in her law school class of over 200 students in 2011. She, as well as a team of others, offer bar exam courses, seminars, and private tutoring for bar exam students nationwide. This includes services for the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE) and Michigan bar exam. Please click here to contact her company, with any questions.