We know how expensive bar exam prep can get, especially after adding up application costs, character and fitness fees, and hotel/travel expenses. So, here are our top five free Michigan Bar Exam resources!
Our Top Five (Free!) Michigan Bar Exam Resources
1. How to Pass the Essay Portion of the Michigan Bar Exam YouTube video and handout
This video and handout will give you invaluable Michigan essay advice. It will go over highly tested issues and tips for tacking Michigan bar exam questions.
To have the PDF on How to Pass the Essay Portion of the Michigan Bar Exam sent right to your inbox, just fill out this form.
2. How to Pass the MBE YouTube video
If you struggle with the MBE, we are here to help! This video can guide you through developing a strategy to taking MBE questions.
The Multistate Bar Exam (MBE) is worth half your score in Michigan. Many students do not have the right outlook or approach toward it. In this video, we tell you how to pass the Multistate Bar Exam and how to see your score improve through practicing. We recommend you download the PDF and watch the video.
To get the PDF on how to pass the MBE sent right to your inbox, just fill out this form.
3. MBE Strategies series subscription
In this email series, we go through MBE questions one-by-one. We also focus on strategies to use for each type of MBE question. You can see a sample here and sign up to receive our MBE strategies tips right to your inbox.
We email about twice a week during bar exam season. Once the bar exam is over, we stop emailing unless you opt in to receiving further emails. We base questions off of real MBE questions, not ones developed by bar prep companies. That way, you are approximating what you’ll see on bar exam day as closely as possible.
You can sign up here:]
4. Past Released Michigan Essay Questions
There is nothing better than practicing released Michigan essay questions. You can find them on this page. The Board of Law Examiners has released questions from February 2009 to the present date.
We also recommend you check out this post on how to structure a Michigan bar exam essay answer. (You want to avoid structuring it like a law school essay!) And check out this post on self-grading. Self-grading is an invaluable skill. One of our students who scored in the 160’s on the last Michigan bar exam attributed her high score to self-grading.
5. Our JD Advising Forum
We just launched a JD Advising forum where students can ask questions and receive answers from our staff. Please take advantage of this resource at the link above. Ask us whatever questions you want and we will answer them!
Stay tuned for our best Michigan Bar Exam resources under $500!
Looking for other Michigan bar exam assistance options?
Whether you are afraid you failed the Michigan bar exam or whether you are just looking for an efficient supplement to your commercial course, we offer several options that can help you pass the next exam, including:
- Free bar exam posts including this post on how to pass the Michigan bar exam and several other posts you can find here.
- Private tutoring for the Michigan bar exam. You cannot beat one-on-one private tutoring. You can sign up for one session or 30 sessions (or any number in between). To learn about our private tutoring services, click here.
- We have a Michigan bar exam seminar that is held approximately two weeks before the bar exam and has received raving reviews. In it, we predict what will (and will not) be on the exam and we give an (approximate) 45-page outline to students to review.
- We have a book, How to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam, which contains our strategy for the bar exam, the past five bar exams with model answers and student answers, as well as (our student’s favorites…) “one-sheets” – each essay topic summarized in one sheet!
- You can read more about our MBE services, including our MBE one-sheets, MBE guide, MBE diagnostic, MBE tutoring, and MBE seminar here!
- Michigan bar exam appeals. We wrote 5 of the 6 passing Michigan bar exam appeals in the state for the July 2016 bar exam. If you failed the bar exam but are close to passing, it is worth considering an appeal.
- A full-service Michigan bar exam course, which is complete with outlines completely tailored to the Michigan bar exam, released multiple-choice questions, and essay questions. You can read more about the course here as well as download a copy of the syllabus.
- A Michigan bar exam essay course which is super-popular even among those who take standard commercial courses, as we give you a huge advantage on essay day. To read more about the Michigan bar exam essay course, please see this link.
Ashley Heidemann scored over a 180 on the Michigan Bar Exam in February of 2011. She offers private one-on-one tutoring for bar exam students nationwide as well as Michigan bar exam courses and seminars and also writes Michigan bar exam appeals. For any questions about her bar exam services, please click here.