The JD Advising Michigan Bar Exam Course: The Michigan bar exam is approaching. Are you looking to break away from the commercial bar review courses to get a more personalized bar exam course? Apply to sign up for our Michigan Bar Exam Course! Our JD Advising Michigan Bar Exam Course tells you everything you need to know to conquer the Michigan bar exam.
The JD Advising Michigan bar exam course is co-taught by Ashley Heidemann, who received a top score of over 180 on the Michigan Bar Exam on the February 2011 bar exam, and her associates, Meagan Jabbori and Ambika Mehta.
Note: We still have a few slots left in our July 2017 course. We are teaching a day course as well as an evening course. If you are interested, we recommend that you apply ASAP to reserve your spot!.
Our Michigan bar exam course contains a superior individualized approach that is specific to the Michigan bar exam. We create the best Michigan bar review outlines that are precisely tailored to the Michigan bar exam. We provide high-quality and highly-tested information in an easy-to learn, concise format. We make our outlines and design the lectures for our classes by literally reading through every past bar exam from 1990 through the present date and drawing attention to the issues that are most frequently and most recently tested.
We also provide predictions of the issues that will be tested on the bar exam. We do this by studying the highly-tested topics as well as the topics that are most recently and frequently tested. For the July 2014 bar exam we accurately predicted many of the issues on the bar exam including:
- The No-Fault question on noneconomic damages,
- The 100-Mile Rule issue in the Domestic Relations question,
- The business judgment rule issue in the Corporations question,
- That hearsay (including Party Admission and Present Sense Impression) would be tested on the Evidence question;
- That the elements of a valid trust would be tested in the Trusts question (and that there would be a Trusts question!)
- That the 20-factor IRS test would be tested in Workers’ Compensation exam.
Note: We make no guarantees that our exact predictions will be tested on the upcoming Michigan bar exam. However, we will go over the highly-tested information that is likely to appear again.
We provide something different than nationalized bar review courses.
Many of our students find that they receive extremely high scores on the Michigan bar exam. In fact, almost all of our students score between 140 and 160 on the Michigan bar exam (which is well above the passing score of 135). We have many repeat bar exam students increase their score by 20 or 30 points(!) on the Michigan bar exam.
Our February 2016 Michigan bar exam passage rate was 100%!!! All of the students in the class — many of them repeat-takers and many of them working full time — passed the Michigan bar exam!
Why should I take your course over Barbri or Kaplan?
Our JD Advising Michigan bar exam course comes with the following advantages:
- We start early. We start earlier than traditional bar prep courses. This is a huge advantage to students looking to have a little more time to digest the large quantities of information.
- We teach in a small group setting and allow for conversation and questions. Nationalized bar review courses do not allow you to ask questions during lecture. We do.
- Our outlines are so much better! Our outlines are precisely tailored to the Michigan bar exam. We tell you exactly what you need to know and do not need to know to pass.
- Our materials are better, period. In addition to outlines that are hand-tailored to the Michigan bar exam, we give each student a copy of our book, How to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam, as well as updated Michigan essay questions, and actual released MBE questions.
- We offer unlimited essay grading. We assign essays each week and review all of the assigned essays plus any additional essays that students complete.
- We provide weekly to-do lists. We tell you what you need to do and hold you accountable. You do not have to guess on what you should be doing each day. We tell you exactly what to do so that you have a focused, organized plan.
- We keep you accountable! We provide small-group instruction, as well as one-on-one meetings, and invidualized essay grading. We keep track of you to make sure you are on the right track to pass the exam.
How many students are allowed to attend the Michigan Bar Exam Course?
We like to keep the group small and intimate so that we can have a discussion about the important topics and answer any questions students may have. Note that students are not automatically accepted. We want to make sure that you are a good fit for the class and that the class is a good fit for you! Thus, we require a phone or in-person meeting prior to the start of the class.
Our Michigan bar exam course for the February 2017 bar exam was limited to ten students.
Can I sign up to take just the essay part or just the MBE part of the Michigan Bar Exam Course?
Yes, it is possible to sign up for one rather than the other. Read more about our Michigan bar exam essay course here. Please e-mail or call us to discuss what the best option is for you.
What do your students say about your services?
Here are some testimonials from the February 2016 course:
When I failed the bar exam, I was completely and utterly devastated. I utilized a commercial bar prep course the first time around, which obviously did not adequately prepare me. The material that the course provided was overwhelming. Watching lectures, going from one subject to another daily, all the while, trying to do essays AND MBE questions had me frantic. I do not believe that taking a commercial bar course is for everyone, especially someone like me who needs to completely comprehend and absorb a subject before moving on to the next.
I had previously heard of Ashley from other students who had tutored with her and raved about her work. I knew she was the person to call. The same day I found out I failed, I contacted Ashley. She was so understanding, encouraging, and helpful.
I signed up for her course immediately. What I came to discover immediately about the course was that everything is concise, easy to follow, and efficient. Ashley provided us with only the relevant information and highly tested issues pertinent to the bar exam. She also would administer quizzes and essays weekly, which helped immensely. Ashley was always available was when I had questions or difficulties. I would e-mail her constantly and her responses were always prompt and helpful.
I did not have to read extraneous material like I did with the commercial bar course. I did not have to spend as many hours as I did previously studying for the bar exam because I was understanding and absorbing the law much more clearly with her curriculum. I did not feel stressed or worried because she was always available to explain and go over issues.
I cannot recommend Ashley enough. Not only is she a great tutor, but she has become a great friend of mine. Failing the bar is probably one of the most disheartening experiences to occur to a law student. However, Ashley’s positivity and enthusiasm truly helped me get through this difficult period. She helped me to realize that this failure was just a roadblock to success. I am proud to say that I increased my score 29 points and received a 160 on the bar exam. I am so thankful for meeting Ashley. She is the best at what she does!
Signing up for the JD Advising Bar course was one of the best decisions I made to help me pass the Michigan Bar Exam. The first time I took the Bar I used one of those generic Bar prep courses. To them it didn’t matter if I passed or failed, I was only a number. I knew I needed someone who cared that I passed and took the time to teach me the way to achieve that goal. Ashley and Meagan truly care whether or not you pass and are always there to help. On top of that, Ashley and Meagan are two of the nicest people you will meet. With their help, I was able to turn a 115 essay score into a 150! I can proudly say I am now an attorney and no longer need to worry about taking the Michigan Bar Exam. I only wish I would have signed up for the JD Advising course the first time.
The first time I sat for the Bar I used a commercial study course and felt that I wasn’t feeling properly focused. Rather, the scope of their course was so broad and intimidating that I was so lost. When it actually came to taking the exam I felt completely unprepared and it was as if the questions were in a completely different language. I failed on my first attempt and was devastated. All those gallons of coffee and countless hours studying seemed wasted.
After some time to reflect and through conversations with colleagues, friends and family, I decided to retake the Bar but knew that I needed the proper ammunition to attack it. I knew of Ashley through her book “How To Pass the Michigan Bar,” and signed up for her Bar prep class. Ashley, as it turns out, is an incredibly amazing Bar exam guru. Her class filtered out all the extraneous info I received in my commercial course and gave me exactly what I needed. As a result, I was able to continue working full-time and raised my score by 19 points.
When I sat for the Bar after taking Ashley’s class, every question presented was familiar and I knew exactly how to confidently answer all of them. Hiring Ashley and her colleagues at JD Advising was hands down the best decision I made preparing for the Michigan Bar. As a true testament to Ashley’s abilities and effect, our class of all repeat takers had a 100% pass rate. I highly recommend Ashley and her team to anyone with their Bar prep – her results speak to her ability and success.
We invest three years of our lives into law school to have the opportunity to sit for the bar exam, make it count. I failed the July 2015 bar exam after using a commercial course to study. I am not blaming my failure on the commercial course, but after taking Ashley’s essay course for the February 2016 bar exam, I was so much more confident. Ashley has honed in on the Michigan bar exam in a remarkable way, through comprehensive outlines, study schedules, and quizzes. Ashley combines her knowledge of the Michigan bar exam with passion and positivity. I improved my score by 16 points. I highly recommend Ashley’s course to anyone taking the Michigan bar exam.
I have nothing but good things to say about the JD Advising program! I only wish it was around in 2008 when I first took the exam ;-)
I can’t say enough about the Michigan Bar Exam course, as well as the private tutoring provided by Ashley and Meagan. This was my fourth attempt at the Bar Exam and I was very nervous. I had a full time job and was in my last semester of graduate school (I know, I had entirely too much going on!) The first thing Ashley did was help me create a realistic study schedule. She encouraged me to start early and reduce my hours and course load. Since time management was key, the course outlines were great. The outlines contained the commonly-tested law, so I didn’t waste time studying law that likely wouldn’t be tested. Unlike commercial courses, the Michigan distinctions were presented along with the common law so that I could learn MBE subjects and Michigan specific law for the essay portion of the exam more efficiently.
I also took advantage of private tutoring sessions for my “weak” subject areas. It was so helpful to spend the extra time with Ashley or Meagan to go over materials or practice extra essays to build my confidence. As a re-taker, I’ve never felt more comfortable with the materials. I actually went into the exam excited and confident! My score improved by 12 points. My timing issues, which had been a problem during previous exams also improved tremendously!
It was a difficult three months, but during that time Ashley and her staff were my tutors, friends, therapists, and everything in between. I knew that I could text, email or call at any time and someone would respond with an answer and the encouragement to keep studying.
I could not have made a better choice in bar exam prep and tutoring!
I could not possibly recommend Ashley and her staff at JD Advising more highly! As a repeat bar-taker and someone that missed passing by three points, I was searching for a tutoring service that could take me over the edge. I knew that I understood the law, but that my approach to the essay portion of the exam needed tweaking in order to maximize points. Ashley’s course not only assisted me in that regard, but also increased my knowledge of the law a great deal in many subjects.
The study materials that I was provided with were unrivaled! They were well organized, concise, and easy to follow. I greatly appreciated the fact that I was not studying and piecing together information from a number of different sources.
The cerebral and formulaic manner in which the course taught me to answer essay questions made attacking them incredibly simplistic. It assisted me in not overthinking things and purely relying on the law and my analysis. Ashley truly understands what the graders are looking for and the best way by which to present it to them.
In addition – should you retain her services – you will never have to fear that you are not completely updated on current Michigan law, which is something that is often overlooked by other services. This is a very important factor and will set you apart from others when it comes to Michigan-specific questions.
The class sessions and essay feedback were absolutely priceless. The weekly assignments established a level of accountability that other services simply lack. The personal interaction and instruction I received was truly worth every penny. The JD Advising staff was accessible to me around the clock and a joy to work with.
There is no denying that studying for the bar exam is an arduous and burdensome task. However, my experience with JD Advising truly eased the pain and made the best out of a difficult situation. Ashley and her staff are more than fantastic tutors. On top of the superior materials and instruction, I received a limitless amount of support and encouragement. All of these factors culminated in me passing the Michigan Bar Exam and ultimately increasing my score by 14 points. JD Advising provided me with more than just the slight edge I was looking for. I wholeheartedly endorse Ashley as a person and instructor!
Students have also said the following about our services:
- “I can honestly say Ashley was the deciding factor to my successful BAR preparation.” – July 2014 Bar taker, Second Time Taker, Increased Score 14 points.
- “She was ALWAYS available for anything that I needed. I found her to be one of the nicest and most intelligent people I have ever met. She has an extensive knowledge of the law and has a special way of explaining complex legal principles that makes them easy to understand.” – Feb 2014 Bar Taker.
- “Ashley is amazing! I could not have passed the bar without her.” -February 2014 Michigan Bar Exam Taker, Increased Score by 18 points
- “Ashley Heidemann was an integral part in my success with the February 2014 bar exam.”-February 2014 Michigan Bar Exam Taker, Increased Score by 17 points.
- Ashley was nothing short of a life-saver….She was available morning, noon and night and ALWAYS called or emailed right back. As a second-time taker with more than a year and a half in between my two exams, I was terrified and very skeptical of my chances for success. Ashley not only gave me the confidence I needed during preparation, but more importantly she helped me increase my essay score by 17 points. –Victoria M., February 2014 Michigan Bar Exam Taker, Increased Score by 17 points.
- When I found out that I had passed I felt that i could get through anything. I was and still am grateful for Ashley Heidemann’s help and services. I could not have done it without her. There is no better feeling than conquering something that you feel will never come through for you. The day I found out that I passed was a day I truly will never forget and I owe it all to Ashley Heidemann. -A.A., Passed on the Fourth Time with a score of 140, Feb 2013
Here is one recent testimonial from a student who studied for the July 2014 bar exam utilizing our services:
The difference between Ashley’s bar prep course and all other bar prep companies is in the structure of the programs themselves. One way to describe my experience is by comparing it to purchasing a suit. When you are contemplating purchasing a new suit, you essentially have two options: you can purchase one from a department store based on your size or you can purchase one from a specialty store and tailor it to your body.
All other bar prep companies are your general department stores – they provide you with a suit, but the suit isn’t tailored and, therefore, it isn’t flattering. However, the specialty store provides you with a tailored suit that flatters your body exactly where you want it.
Ashley’s tutoring is equivalent to a tailored suit. She focuses on your weaknesses and helps make them your strengths. She answers all questions, grades any essays and ensures that you understand the subjects extremely well. Above all, her outlines are exactly on point. If you speak to anyone studying for the bar, their number one complaint is that they don’t have enough time to finish everything and as a result, fall behind. This results in subjects being skipped and questions left incomplete. When time is limited, a focused outline is exactly what you need to cover all of the tested topics. If I had continued to study the outlines my bar prep company assigned me to, I would have never been able to get through all twenty-six topics. Instead, I made a conscious decision to stop following the schedule set by my bar prep company and followed Ashley’s tailored plan for me. After receiving my score, I am so glad that I did.
In addition to seeing my score, the confidence I gained while studying with Ashley made my entire bar-taking experience infinitely better. Prior to taking the exam, I felt calm, confident and ready. I knew exactly which points I wanted to address and how much time I had to do it. I had established techniques to quickly answer each question and cover all of the necessary points. The knowledge and confidence I gained from studying with Ashley helped alleviate any anxiety I had prior to the exam, and allowed me to focus on what needed to be done. It was truly the best investment I could make towards preparing for the bar.
To read more testimonials, please click here.
What is the cost of the JD Advising Michigan Bar Exam Course?
Our JD Advising Michigan Bar Exam course costs $5,500. For this price you will receive:
- Approximately 25 small private group sessions that cover all of the areas tested on the MBE and essay portion of the bar exam, including one three-hour essay test.
- Outstanding outlines for all Michigan topics and MBE topics.
- Essay booklets with every subject from 1995 to 2016. They are all updated with current law.
- Actual released multiple-choice questions.
- A copy of our recent book, How to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam.
- Predictions of what will be tested on the upcoming Michigan bar exam.
- Unlimited essay feedback.
- Study schedules and homework assignments each week to ensure you are on track.
- 1 private consultation session with Ms. Heidemann or an associate to discuss your personal approach to the bar exam.
- 1 private tutoring session with Ms. Heidemann or an associate (closer to the end of your bar preparation) to answer any last-minute questions.
The syllabus for the July 2017 course is here: Syllabus July 2017 . Note that this syllabus is the “night course” syllabus. We also have a day course syllabus, which is the same except for meeting times are from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM.
Note: As part of an agreement for using our services, since out outlines and work product are superior to most courses, we ask that you agree to return the outlines and materials (via a prepaid envelope that we will ship you). If you pass the exam, we will simply destroy the materials. If you fail, we send them right back no questions asked. We do this solely to protect our work product.
Can I use the JD Advising Michigan Bar Exam Course as a Substitute for a Barbri or Kaplan Course?
Yes. We are full service bar review course.
Where is the JD Advising Michigan Bar Exam Course located and when will it be held?
The Michigan bar exam course is held at or near our office in Birmingham, Michigan.
How do I apply to be a part of the JD Advising Michigan Bar Exam course?
Apply by e-mailing your name and contact information to email@example.com. Use “JD ADVISING BAR PREP COURSE” as the subject line. We keep all names and inquiries confidential and we will contact you within 24 hours of receiving your e-mail. If you would like to talk to us on the phone, please do not hesitate to call 248-228-5547.
We will call you before the course begins to discuss: (1) Your approach to the Michigan bar exam; (2) Any questions you have about the Michigan bar exam; and (3) How Ms. Heidemann can best help you excel on the Michigan bar exam. We will determine if the course is a good option for you.