Hi! I am Ashley Heidemann. I own a private tutoring company based out of Birmingham, Michigan. I went to Wayne State University Law School where I was fortunate enough to graduate as the #1 law student out of over 200 students in my class of 2011. I received a top score of over 180 on the February 2011 Michigan bar exam. Ever since then, I have been passionately learning everything I can about the bar exam, tutoring for the bar exam, teaching courses on it, writing articles on it for national publications, and writing a book on how to pass the bar exam.
I own and founded JD Advising, LLC. We offer one-on-one private tutoring services to students in nationwide. We have tutors for several states, including New York. We offer high-end New York Bar Exam tutoring to both first time takers and repeat takers. We also specialize in the Uniform Bar Exam, and have helped New York Bar Exam students make the switch from the traditional New York Bar Exam to the Uniform Bar Exam.
We tutor a wide variety of students — some only want to meet once or twice to make sure they understand the key principles of law, whereas others want to meet multiple times a week and use us as their sole source of bar exam preparation. Additionally, we are very experienced in tutoring students with learning disabilities – such as ADHD, dyslexia, dysgraphia, among others. We help students overcome any special challenges that they face so that they can pass the bar exam.
New York Bar Exam Tutoring – Private Tutoring Options
We have a team of bar exam tutors that will help you wherever you are. Some of our tutors have successfully passed three or more bar exams. They all have experience tutoring for the bar exam and know the techniques necessary to pass the bar exam.
We tutor for the Multistate Bar Exam (MBE), Multistate Essay Exam (MEE), and Multistate Performance Test (MPT). We have fantastic outlines that are precisely tailored to exactly what you need to know to pass the New York bar exam. We believe in an efficient approach to bar exam preparation. In addition to providing substantive law assistance, we also provide you with study techniques and habits to maximize your chances of passing the bar exam.
We have helped many first-time takers pass the UBE with points to spare! We have also helped repeat takers increase their score significantly.
Why should I enroll in private tutoring for the New York Bar Exam?
We offer multiple benefits:
- A study plan that is tailored to your needs and your schedule. We take into account all circumstances — i.e. past bar exam scores, whether you are working or have other obligations — to figure out the perfect study plan for you.
- Stellar outlines that are precisely tailored to the MBE and MEE. We methodically go through the past 20 years’ worth of multistate essay exams and have formulated outlines that are precisely tailored to what is tested on the MEE. We also provide comprehensive outlines for the MBE.
- Multiple-choice strategies so that you see your scores improve through practice (rather than answering a bunch of questions and having your scores stay the same!) We even offer a one-on-one MBE Strategies workshop.
- Individualized feedback, essay & MPT review. We provide unlimited grading for MEE and MPT essays you write.
- Strategies to ensure you are structuring your essays for both the MEE and MPT in such a way to maximize the points you receive.
- Access to a tutor for any questions you may have. Our tutors also make sure students stay on track, and help to alleviate any anxiety a student may have and address any concerns.
Can I use your private tutoring services for just the MBE, MEE or MPT? Can I use you for just one or two sessions? Can I meet online or in-person?
Yes. We will structure our private tutoring program to meet your individual needs. We have several students who choose to meet with us for just one or two portions of the exam.
We also have several students who meet us just a couple times for help in specific areas — whether it is an MBE topic they need to improve on, MBE strategies, or essay/MPT strategies. We do not have a one-size-fits-all program. Each student receives a plan that is tailored to them.
Currently, we offer online meeting options. We only offer in-person meeting options to those who travel to Birmingham, Michigan.
What is my next step to find out more information?
Students are booked on a first-come, first-served basis. We only take a very limited number of students for each bar examination and slots fill up fast. To reserve your spot or for more information on private tutoring, please contact us as soon as possible. You can contact us by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 929-260-4971. You can also contact us by using the contact form on our website. If you are looking for testimonials for our bar exam tutoring, please click here.
Ms. Ashley Heidemann scored over a 180 on the Michigan Bar Exam in February of 2011 after graduating as the #1 law student in her class of over 200 students. She (as well as a team of bar exam tutors!) offers private one-on-one tutoring for bar exam students nationwide. For any questions about her bar exam services, please click here to contact us. We are happy to assist you in any way we can.